Brighter Lighter Skin with Cosmelan
Cosmelan is a power-level treatment program. The program was developed especially for reduction of
- Brown spots
- Skin discoloration
- Hormonal hyper pigmentation
Cosmelan has been used for years and came to North America from Europe.
It has effectively given our patients some of the highest levels of pigment reduction available in a topical formulation.
Peel performed in-office only.
What to expect after the peel?
Expect a little peeling and redness — that’s all normal!
Cosmelan will cause mild to moderate peeling and redness in the first 3 to 5 days.
To make the peeling time shorter, we do microdermabrasion before the treatment.
*Note: You MUST protect your skin from sun exposure with a sunblock to prevent hyper pigmentation return.
Take the worry out of the peel process
- All types of melasma and dark spots
- Fast results in as little as two weeks
- Compatible with light and dark skin types (Fitzpatrick I – VI)
- Treatment can be used all year round
- Very effective for acne patients
- Includes retinoic acid for cell turnover and renewal
- High safety margin
Active ingredients — Cosmelan® Pack
1. Degreasing Solution
Aqua, Acetone — to clean the skin and prepare it for the peel
2. Cosmelan 1 — Cream (10g)
Retinoic Acid, Azelaic Acid, Kojic Acid, Phytic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Arbutine, Licorice Extract, Salicylic Acid, Retinol Palmitate, Ascorbic Acid, mesoestetic®, Tocopherol, Bisabolol, Allantoin, Nicotonomide, Alo Babadensis, Titanium Dioxide — dark spots ”eriser”
3. Cosmelan 2 — Maintenance
Cream (30g) Titanium Dioxide, Kojic Acid, Phytic Acid, Ascorbic Acid mesoestetic® — home care for spots “erising”
4. Hydra Vital Factor K Cream (50ml)
Hydro nutritional cream for face and neck. Hydroviton, Vitamin K, Vitamin E, Amniotic fluid, Glycerine, Silicone oilintensive hydration.
Preliminary information need to you:
- Important: All kind of treatments with glycolic acid must be completely stopped at least one week prior to using Cosmelan® Depigmentation treatment.
- The Cosmelan Depigmentation treatment can be only administered in a medical Spa office . Supported products must be continued at home, on a daily basis, according to the guidelines indicated.
- It is recommended do not interrupt treatment under any circumstances, during the whole time prescribed.
- It is strongly recommended to use SPF. Failure to maintain proper use of sunscreen and support products may allow reactivation of pigment production cycles.
- Cosmelan Depigmentation is NOT TO BE COMBINED with any other depigmentation treatments.
No treatment guarantees complete removal of undesirable pigmentation. Please know we will do the best possible on your behalf, but do set your expectations realistically.
Follow up visits are recommended 15 days after the beginning of treatment, and 30 days after, and a follow up treatment are revisit every month thereafter.
Cosmelan Treatment Steps
Treatment application – Cosmelan Depigmentation treatment
MedVspa has set a new protocol for the Cosmelan program
In the office initial visit: 70% of the mask will be used.
In the office 21 days later: remaining 30% will be applied in the form of a spot treatment.
This 2 session program shows better results than a single application.
Application of Degreasing Solution
- Clean skin with water and neutral cleanser.
- Apply Degreasing solution to the whole area to be treated. It will eliminate all impurities and oil from the skin to achieve optimum penetration of Cosmelan® 1 – Cream.
Application of Cosmelan® 1 – Cream
- Skin will be cleaned with th enutral cleanser
Degreasing solution will be applied to the whole area to be treated. It will eliminate all impurities and oil from the skin to achieve optimum penetration of Cosmelan® 1 – Cream.
- 70% of the cream will be distributed to form a face mask, and applied as thicker layer over blemishes gradually thinning out over the rest of the face.
- The patient goes home with the mask applied on the face.
- Based on the Fitzpatrick photo type classification suggested below: After the action time has elapsed, the patient must remove the mask with water and a neutral cleanser.
- Following, the patient will immediately apply a layer of mesoestetic® Hydra Vital Factor K Cream over the surface treated.
Cosmelan post treatment
First and Second day
- During the first three to five days of the treatment, the skin might peel and be red.
- The patient may experience an itching feeling if the skin is very sensitive.
- Slight burning and tightening of the skin is absolutely normal, especially during the first few hours right after starting the treatment.
- To relieve these problems, it is advisable to apply the mesoestetic® Hydra-vital factor K.
Reddening of the Skin
The reddening that occurs on the face after applying the mesoestetic® Cosmelan is normal and is expected.
Flaking and Peeling
Between the second and third day flaking and peeling will occur on all skin types (and more intensely in photo types I and II).
When the flaking is most intense, it is advisable to apply the Mesoestetic® Hydra-vital factor K cream, repeating this cream every two hours on the day.
Fifth and Sixth day
When peeling is complete you will notice much smoother skin. After the fifth or sixth day, your skin will be calmer and you should notice some initial fading of pigmentation.
Home Treatment – Cosmelan® 2 Maintenance Cream
- Clean Face completely, every time mesoestetic® Cosmelan 2 is applied.
- Apply a thin layer of mesoestetic® Cosmelan 2 all over face mask style, with a light, circular movement using cotton tip.
- Apply mesoestetic® Hydra-vital factor K to the face with a light, circular motion 15 minutes after applying mesoestetic® Cosmelan 2. Use daily.
For best results, continue the daily application of mesoestetic® Cosmelan 2 up to one year after treatment.